Special Seminar - DOOFUS
The Department Of Old Farts and Undeniable Sequiters is pleased to announce a seminar available to the whole Weevil community: Remote Control 101 - Basics of RC Operation. No prerequisites for this seminar, just a willingness to take control of an important leisure time "activity". The seminar will include:
1. How to open the battery compartment, replace the batteries and secure the cover without breaking it.
2. Pros and cons of using the ON/OFF button on the RC vs the actual power button/switch on the TV.
3. Programming out those pesky gaps (channel number that shows a blank screen) as you run through the channels.
4. Proper pacing when running through the channels, as well as alternating use of the up and down buttons.
5. Latest models of RC caddies.
6. Best hiding spots when you are out of the room.
7. Properly gripping the RC as you "rest your eyes".
8. When to replace a worn out RC and what to look for in a replacement model.
Dean Spud will be offering this seminar from 9-11 a.m. on Nov. 1 at Rm. 308 at De Soto Hall. A second seminar on Nov. 8 will be offered if necessary. There will be a $25 fee. Participants are urged to bring their own RC's, as there will be no extras to hand out during the seminar. Please call the department at x258 to reserve a spot.
: Husbands and wives will not be allowed to attend the class together - they must choose between themselves. DOOFUS will not be responsible for any "difficulties" that may arise over RC control.]